Thursday, August 20, 2009

Found Chapter 2..read at ur own risk at the bad last minute writing. lol

Chapter 2

6 A.M Friday

It was just a dream I kept telling myself. The shrill sound of the phone ringing brought me back to my senses. I scrambled out of bed and picked up the phone. “Hey man,” came the hoarse voice of my buddy Ben. Clearly he to must have just woken up.

“Hey…..been having the same dream again?” I questioned him.

“Yeah. It always freaking ends with me ramming my car into that damn tree. Why does it have to be my car?” Ben said beginning to sound irritated and impatient.

Both of us have been having the same dream for a week now. Every single time it ends with Ben crashing his car and ever since then both of us have sworn never to take a road trip. Even Ben with his macho male ego submitted to the fact that he was afraid to drive and now took a 10 minute walk to my house every time he wanted to see me.

“Look man it’s 6 A.M in the morning. Why don’t you come over and we’ll grab my car and we’ll go somewhere to grab a bite to eat. Then we’ll take a drive somewhere. Just come over,” and I hung up before he could protest further.

An idea was forming in my head. Enough was enough. It was time we had some answers for our reoccurring dreams.


6.30 A.M

My room door opened and Ben strode in hastily. He was going to say something but I cut him off (Ben always had something to say). “Dude I was doing some research on the Internet. Check this out and please for god’s sake keep an open mind,” and I turned my laptop around to face him as he sat on my bed.

“What the hell is this? I don’t understand ancient Greek. You know I go to sleep in class whenever Mr. Johnny steps in”.

“Yeah idiot that’s why I’m going to read it to you. While I do so please just look at the pictures and freaking concentrate.”

Ben was beginning to give me his dumb stare which irritates me most of the time. We have been friends ever since we hit college. Although he lived just down the street we never really socialized nor met at school. I was taking a course in Writing at college and Ben was majoring in Public Relations and for our extra subject we had ancient Greek and that is how we met.

“Now ancient Greeks believed that dreams were a way for their god’s to communicate with them.” Ben flinched and shifted his weight. His dumb ass mind never was able to accept Greek mythologies. I continued, “You remember the god Hermes?” Again the dumb stare. “Well Hermes was the messenger of the gods. Now this particular story fascinates me. It is about these two young boys called Crius and Brontes. On the night before of the terrible earthquake that hit the Athens a power struggle was happening in the heavens. Poseidon the brother of Zeus it seems was sick of controlling the sea and wanted to change places with Zeus. Being the proud king of the gods and all Zeus got angry and with all his fury starting waging a batlle with Poseidon for suggesting such a thing. Hermes knew that Zeus would cast a terrible spell on Athens to retaliate so he warned these two boys who were playing out in their garden.”

“Dude this is every interesting and all but I don’t give a damn. All I want is for these dreams to stop. What does two stupid Greek idiots got to do with us?” Ben stood up and headed for the door.

“Just let me finish and you can leave after if you wish. Please man.”

“Ok fine. Just hurry up and get to the point.”

“Ok well Hermes came to them in a form of a dream and in their dream they kept drowning and all around them people were suffocating and dying. They suddenly awoke and being kids and all they just laughed it off as a stupid dream and told no one. On the next day the great Earthquake came and Athens was in ruins.”

Ben still looked uninterested. “What are you trying to say man? That something terrible is going to happen to our small town? It does not even make any sense. In our dream we do not even suffocate and die or anything. We just crash into a tree and wake up. What does that mean? That massive trees are going to invade our town and plant us to death?”
“No it just means our dream is not finished. It says here that there was a second dream both boys had when they were asleep at night. They dreamt that the earth was cracking and people were falling in and great tall waves in the ocean.”

“Look man either way. Till I get a second dream I am not going to buy into this crap. Even so we are not planning a road trip in the near or distant future ok?” And this time Ben really got up and left.

I let him leave.










7 A.M.

The phone rings again. I rush to the phone from the bathroom. Ben’s voice came on the phone. I could sense there was something wrong the moment I picked it up. Normally Ben speaks immediately after I pick up but this time he was hesitant.

“Hey man…….You remember my parents went outstation for a business trip right? Well they were involved in an accident. Dad called. He’s ok but it seems Mum is in bad shape. He wants me to drive there to meet up with them,” and his voice trailed off.

“Looks like we’ll be taking that road trip after all. I’m coming with you.”




(got the idea of the Greek god thing while i was reading the Battle of Poseidon. Randomly decided to put it into the story. Hahaha. Thoughts people!)

No comments:

Post a Comment